Sat, 15 Apr|
St Augustine's Church Hall
Workshop with Terry Hobbs – Oils Maximum 25 places - From £35
Saturday, April 15th 10.00 to 4. pm St Augustine’s Hall Terry Hobbs – oils Maximum 25 places Members: £35 Non-Members £40
Time & Location
15 Apr, 10:00 – 16:00
St Augustine's Church Hall, St Augustine's Close, Cooden Dr, Bexhill, Bexhill-on-Sea TN39 3AZ, UK
About the event
To register email: email@example.com
Saturday, April 15th
10.00 to 4. pm
St Augustine’s Hall
Terry Hobbs – oils
Maximum 25 places
Join Terry, as he takes you through two paintings. In the morning a “Misty Winter Scene” and after lunch
a “Forest Scene”
Terry with be showing you how to work the wet into wet technique using a “liquid white” over your
prepared white canvas for the morning painting session. After lunch your pre-pared black canvas will
have a coating of linseed oil.
Equipment & Materials:
- Two 16x20 inch (40x50cm) box canvas /canvas board/ surface suitable for use with oil paints.
- The canvases (primed prior to workshop) one black one white
- Terry can proved canvas already primed for members to purchase, £5.00 each
- Mixing palette
- Small dipper pots
- Drawing board & tape (larger than 16x20 If using the pre-ordered canvas)
- Plastic sheeting/ newspaper to protect tables from paint
- Yellow Ochre, Van Dyke Brown, Prussian Blue, Sap Green, Dark Sienna, Titanium White.
- 1 inch decorator brush, Fan no 3 ½ inch flat fine liner/rigger
- Old fan/round that can be scrunched down to make foliage
- Palette/Painting knife
Tea / coffee biscuits provided
Bring your own lunch
Profile: Terry Hobbs
I am mainly a landscape artist. I teach art in local schools and in my workshop.
Occasionally I paint from photos but most is from the imagination. Apart from
workshops, I do demonstrations and have an ongoing exhibition in Eastbourne
for the last 2 years.